Miessence takes its responsibility to the planet seriously, it is our established policy to be committed to and responsible for the environmental legacy of our company.
That’s why our commitment to sustainable business practices goes beyond sourcing the world’s finest certified organic products. Our commitment infuses everything we do, from manufacturing, packing, transportation and promotion.
Carbon Negative Business Practices
In addition to producing the world’s finest certified organic nutritional, health and skincare products, Miessence is also committed to going a step beyond 100% carbon neutral and going carbon negative by offsetting a further 10% beyond calculated emissions.
Miessence products are shipped all over the globe to members of our independent distributor network. Since 2006, we have engaged Greenfleet, a non-profit, independent organization to calculate our freight emissions and in turn provide the service of planting trees on our behalf to offset our impact on the environment.
Science shows that 17 mixed native species of trees help create a forest. As they grow, the trees absorb greenhouse gases, as well as tackle soil salinity, improve water quality and provide habitat for native species.
Miessence is pleased to use premium renewable electricity through the grid. This is made possible through the support of our local energy provider by allowing us to offset 100% to wind energy. By using electric forklifts and machinery run on compressors that all run off this green renewable energy, we can claim zero emissions from our manufacturing.
We are delighted to have our business practices audited by GreenBizCheck – and receive the World Leadership certification.Certification is verified and audited by Bureau Veritas – the world’s largest certification provider with over 44,000 staff and 400,000 corporate clients.
Some people might ask why we are using plastic instead of glass for our products.
We have three very good reasons.
- Following research by the prestigious Carnegie Mellon University in the US, we discovered that compared to glass, plastics use less resources to produce and require less energy to effectively recycle.
- Plastics are lighter, which means fewer carbon emissions in transportation.
- Vacuum-pump plastic keeps our freshly made, 100% certified organic products in tip top condition. Miessence use no preservatives only 100% active ingredients that suffer accelerated oxidation when repeatedly exposed to air. Our product packaging ensures that every last drop of your product is 100% pure, 100% active and 100% fresh.
But not all plastics are created equal.
Miessence uses Polypropylene which is made from carbon and hydrogen and manufactured without any dangerous emissions. It can be recycled, incinerated or used in landfill without any harm to the environment.
Other plastics contain Bisphenol A (BPA), which is used in polycarbonated plastics and epoxy resins, has been linked to serious health disorders.
We are continually researching better and more environmentally friendly packaging systems and introducing them in our product lines.
All the Miessence team is committed to recycling and are conscientious in the use of waste, recycled materials and electricity. We offset our plant and offices, as well as our events and promotional tours with tree planting to make our day to day business activity carbon neutral.
Miessence engages in the following sustainable activities:
- Consistently work to exceed regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Look for new ways to eliminate or minimize the effects of pollution on our world.
- Utilize raw materials, water and energy in the most efficient ways.
- Regularly monitor and audit our environmental performance with third-party certifiers such as GreenBizCheck.
- Consistently work to reduce the environmental impact of our manufacturing and distribution processes where practical.
- Have become a carbon negative company through the purchase of carbon credits exceeding our usage.
- Implemented a waste minimization program involving recycling strategies and providing segregation of wastes needing disposal.
- Continually train company personnel to implement environmental management techniques effectively.
- Actively seek out and employ certified Free Trade suppliers all over the world.
- Regularly educate customers and alliance partners to promote the principles of sustainability wherever possible so that everyone can collectively make a positive difference in their health and the future of the environment.